- This event has passed.
New Morning (Spring Gathering)
April 21, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
New Morning: Engaging the Future with Hope
Friday, April 21, 2017, 1-9 p.m. at Parkade Baptist Church in Columbia, Mo.
“[The Lord’s compassions] are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:23)
Churchnet’s 2017 Spring Gathering will feature the installation of our new Executive Director, Brian Ford, and recognition of outgoing Executive Director, Jim Hill, for his service and leadership since 2004. Churchnet President Forestal Lawton will give his first presidential remarks since his election as president at last year’s gathering.
The Missions Banquet will feature stories and updates from Churchnet’s partnerships in Guatemala and Cuba. The banquet reports will be led by Gary Snowden (Churchnet Missional Collaboration Team Leader), Terrell Carter (pastor of Webster Groves Baptist Church), and Brian Kaylor (Churchnet Associate Director). This free meal will feature Lutz’s BBQ and an opportunity to give to support Churchnet’s missions partnerships.
The Breakout Sessions will include:
- Creating a Pastoral Residency Ministry (Michael McEntyre, Associate Pastor at First Baptist Church in Columbia, Mo., and Carol McEntyre, Pastor at First Baptist Church in Columbia, Mo.)
- Cuba & Guatemala Partnership Updates (Gary Snowden, Missional Collaboration Team Leader for Churchnet and Associate Pastor at First Baptist Church in Lee’s Summit, Mo.)
- Seeking Justice in Missouri (Alice Chamberlain, Lead Organizer for Missouri Faith Voices)
- The Baptist Home of Central MO Campus Development (Steven Long, Founding Administrator for the Central MO Baptist Home, and Todd Pridemore, Advancement Officer)
- Hope-Filled Strategies (Jim hill, Churchnet Executive Director)
- Welcoming the Immigrant and Refugee (to be announced later)
1:00 p.m.: Registration starts & Exhibits open
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Breakout Session 1
3:00 – 3:30 p.m.: Break
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.: Breakout Session 2
4:30 – 5:00 p.m.: Break
5:00 p.m.: Business Session
5:30 p.m.: Mission Banquet
7:00 p.m.: Worship Service & Installation
8:30 p.m.: Adjourn for Reception
After you register, please share this page on Facebook!