Strategic Initiatives are the areas where decisive action must be taken if we are to reach our goals, fulfill our vision, and achieve our mission. When an organization identifies the strategic initiatives it is saying, “We cannot do everything, but these things we must do!” What are the broad areas where we need to take decisive action as we serve churches? Churchnet identified four Strategic Initiatives for our ministry for 2015 through 2020. One of these initiatives is Missional Collaboration. Our Missional Collaboration Team gives leadership to our efforts to facilitate missional collaboration. The list below provides an overview of some of the activities and approaches this team is seeking to utilize as they serve churches.
Facilitate genuine collaboration between congregations and among church leaders for support, encouragement, resource sharing, learning opportunities, and joint projects.
- Build collaboration capacity by establishing and resourcing peer groups for pastors and church staff
- Provide opportunities for building relationships and collaboration between congregations and create projects for genuine collaboration
- Foster a Kingdom mindset to encourage joint projects, partnerships, and collaboration
- Resource congregations seeking to engage in local, national, and international mission efforts
- Provide training and logistical resources for mission collaboration
- Help congregations connect and collaborate through the global Baptist family
Four preliminary Funding Priorities were identified for this initiative during our planning process:
- Partnership missions
- Peer groups
- Disaster relief
- Collaborative projects
For more information or to request assistance contact Gary Snowden at (888) 420-2426 Ext. 709 or email@example.com