Strategic Initiatives are the areas where decisive action must be taken if we are to reach our goals, fulfill our vision, and achieve our mission. When an organization identifies the strategic initiatives it is saying, “We cannot do everything, but these things we must do!” What are the broad areas where we need to take decisive action as we serve churches? Churchnet identified four Strategic Initiatives for our ministry for 2015 through 2020. One of these initiatives is Generational Engagement. Our Generational Engagement Team gives leadership to our efforts to assist congregations as they seek to engage new generations and cultures. The list below provides an overview of some of the activities and approaches this team is seeking to utilize as they serve churches.
Engage New Generations & Cultures
Help congregations understand, build relationships, and share the gospel with new generations and cultures.
- Engage in deliberate learning and sharing with churches about new generations and their needs, interests, and passions
- Provide resources and models that assist congregations in understanding and reaching of younger generations
- Explore new materials and approaches to disciple new believers
- Assist churches in the development of relevant and effective evangelism strategies for today
- Help congregations learn to “tell their story” in fresh and more effective ways
- Assist congregations to make better use of digital communication and technology (social media, video, emag, website, etc.)
Four preliminary Funding Priorities were identified for this initiative during our planning process:
- Training events & resources
- Identify models for best practices
- Digital communications
- Storytelling evangelism
For more information or to request assistance contact Trey Hathcock at (888) 420-2426 Ext. 705 or firstname.lastname@example.org